Three Recipients Win The Alliance 2022 Healthcare Transformation Awards and Lifetime Achievement Award
MADISON, WI. (October 25, 2022) – Today, at The Alliance Fall Symposium & Annual Meeting, two Healthcare Transformation Awards and a Lifetime Achievement Award were handed out to individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to transforming health care in their communities.
This year’s award recipients are Gloria Sachdev, Walker Forge, and Mike Tomsyck.
Healthcare Transformation Award
- Gloria Sachdev, PharmD, President, and CEO at the Employers’ Forum of Indiana, Indianapolis, IN. Sachdev has worked at the Employers’ Forum since 2015. She engaged RAND Corporation to make negotiated allowable hospital prices transparent for the first time in the state of Indiana in 2017 and across the U.S. beginning in 2019. Sachdev also created Sage Transparency, a first-of-its-kind, publicly available, easy to use, customizable online tool that brings together public and proprietary hospital price, quality, and cost data for over 4,000 hospitals.
- Walker Forge, Clintonville, WI, made the decision to become self-funded five years ago, greatly reducing their health care spending and improving the quality of health care for their employees. The company also worked with other local employers to create an employee clinic where employees and their covered family members can receive high-quality care for free. Walker Forge continues to look for innovative ways to take care of their employees.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mike Tomsyck, Vice President – Finance and Fleet Operations at Kolbe Windows & Doors, Wausau, WI. Tomsyck has been a tireless advocate for employers and health care consumers over the course of his career. He has been actively involved with the Northcentral Employers Healthcare Alliance (NEHA) since its inception in 1997, serving on its Board of Directors since 2003, lastly as president since 2013. Under his leadership, NEHA has improved access to quality and cost-efficient health care including high-value provider networks and on-site clinics for employees of NEHA employer-members.
Healthcare Transformation Award recipients must demonstrate their commitment to promoting change in the health care marketplace based on one or more of the following criteria:
- High-Value Health Care
- Taking action to significantly improve the quality and/or affordability of health care
- Achieving significant gains in the availability and/or use of meaningful information to compare price and quality
- Payment Reform
- Developing, testing or implementing value-based payment approaches to encourage high-quality, affordable care
- Provider Network Design
- Developing, testing or implementing approaches to make high-value health care providers easily accessible to employees
- Benefit Plan Design
- Developing, testing or implementing approaches to support the appropriate use of high-value providers and treatments by consumers
You can view past winners on the Healthcare Transformation Awards page within The Alliance Newsroom. These winners have made great strides toward improving the quality, affordability, and accessibility of health care.
During the Fall Symposium & Annual Meeting, employers heard about the economic outlook, the current state of The Alliance, and alternative care delivery options. The event annually attracts an audience of employers and health care providers as well as brokers, agents, and other professionals who support employers who self-fund their health benefits.
The Alliance serves as the voice for self-funded employers who want more control over their health care costs. Using Smarter NetworksSM and sophisticated data mining and analysis, they provide transparent, creative approaches to network and benefit plan design to unlock savings where others can’t – or won’t. The Alliance remains a trusted, objective partner for its 300+ employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality health care by contracting with a network of 34,000 health care providers and doctors across the Midwest.